Frequently Asked Questions
We’ll help you find the answers.
We’re answering some of the most frequently asked questions that we receive about our pharmacies! If you are in need of additional assistance please do not hesitate to contact your nearest Central Drugs location.
Do you offer prescription delivery?
Yes – Central Drugs offers prescription delivery services to all of our patients. We know that oftentimes families are required to pick up medications and deliver them to their loved ones. Our free delivery service and recurring prescription blister packs help eliminate this burden, leaving families with more quality time to spend together. Simply call your local Central Drugs and ask your trusted pharmacist about our free delivery program.
Where are your pharmacies located?
Central Drugs has seven convenient locations to serve you across Central Vancouver Island:
- Dunsmuir – 250-753-6401, 495A Dunsmuir St., Nanaimo, BC, V9R 6B9
- Dufferin – 250-716-0063, 101-1125 Dufferin Cres., Nanaimo, BC, V9R 2B5
- Colvile – 778-441-5140, 102-1515 Dufferin Cres., Nanaimo, BC, V9S 5H6
- Bowen – 250-758-7711, 2220 Bowen Rd., Nanaimo, BC, V9R 1H9
- Pacific Station – 250-585-6178, 103-5160 Dublin Way, Nanaimo, BC, V9T 0H2
- Brickyard – 250-751-2576, 6010 Brickyard Rd., Nanaimo, BC, V9V 1S5
- Lantzville – 250-390-4423, 7186 Lanzville Rd., Nanaimo, BC, V0R 2H0
What is Specialty Prescription Compounding?
Prescription compounding is a process where our pharmacists combine or alter a medication to suit our patient’s unique needs. This ensures that your medications are tailored to your exact set of circumstances, taking into account allergies and sensitivities, helping to reduce or eliminate side effects or altering the composition of the medication for children or even pets.
Find out more about our Specialty Prescription Compounding services.
What services do you offer aside from filling prescriptions?
- Home Health Care
- Speciality Compounding
- Blister Packing
- Medical Reviews
- Travel Consultations
- Free Delivery of prescriptions and other pharmaceutical products